Business Transactions: Entering into a lease. If your business entity is entering into a lease, there are many important questions you need to address. Here are just a few.
- What is the length of the lease? Striking a proper balance between a lease that is too short and one that is too long is very important.
- Is there an option to extend the lease if the location is profitable?
- What assurance do you have that the landlord can’t rent space nearby to someone who competes with you?
- What protection do you have if the landlord experiences financial difficulty?
- Will a personal guaranty be required? For how long?
We can help you address these and the myriad of other important issues that inevitably arise when you are about to lease premises for your business.