When you start a new business, here are some of the important legal issues that need to be addressed:
- What type of business entity do I choose? Corporation, Limited Liability Company, Partnership, or Sole Proprietorship?
- My business partner and I get along now, but what happens if we disagree in the future?
- I believe I will be successful, but how do I protect my personal assets if something goes wrong?
- I want to be in business with my business partner, but will his wife become my business partner if they get divorced?
- I found a form contract online that I plan to use for my clients – is it really right for me and what I do?