Being involved in an automobile accident can be a frightening and disorienting experience. Here are some of the important things you should try to do at the scene or within the first forty-eight (48) hours after the accident:
- Be sure the police are at the scene and get an accident case number from the officer who conducts the investigation.
- If there are witnesses, try to get names and contact information.
- If your car has been damaged take photographs of the damage when you get the car back to your home. If your car has been towed to a garage take the photographs at the garage.
- Call your automobile insurance company and report the accident. This should be done even if the accident is not your fault.
- Make an appointment to see your primary care physician.
- Contact our office.
We have years of experience helping people who have been involved in automobile accidents, and our staff includes a nurse. We know what needs to be done to protect your legal interests. Let us help you.